It’s been a busy old September at Hatch showcasing the wide variety of all our clients. We pride ourselves on working in a whole range of sector and this month certainly showed it. With broadcast junkets, press shows, sporting events, social media campaigns and more, it has been a super September. Here’s our High Five of some of our highlights:
- We donned out wetsuits and headed over to the North Yorkshire Water Park. In the space of two weeks we hosted BBC Look North, BBC Radio York and Humberside and Coast and County Radio at the Park for a range of broadcast opportunities all based around being a tourist destination out of season. These broadcast segments consisted of everything from interviews with the staff and punters of the park, to setting their presenters to the heights and depths of all of the activities the park has on offer.
- Christmas came early with the team taking on The Big Christmas Press Show with Russell Hobbs. This event saw Hatch serving up samples whilst speaking to press all about the brilliant Christmas offering Russell Hobbs has been cooking up for customers.
- With food firmly on the menu, we hosted a Virtual Cooking Masterclass with George Foreman for a range of journalists. This had all of our departments working together to pull off a seamless event, with some of the Hatchlings even stepping in front of the calendar and tasting some of the delicious treats. Mailers were sent to journalists ahead of the event with a range of goodies and a top of the range grill to allow them to cook along with our expert chef.
- Adding to the luxury we hosted two events for Vacheron to celebrate the first birthday of their store. The theme was speakeasy, accompanied with a retro photobooth and jazz band to boot for all of their clients to enjoy!
- Finally, priding ourselves on our digital offering, Ruby and Beth took the train down to Brighton for Brighton SEO to pick up the latest learnings and to do some top networking.
Campaigns Caught Elsewhere:
- Burberry took over iconic caff Norman’s for London Fashion Week to a VERY mixed response! Some people loved the British collab, finding it cool, edgy and very unexpected for the brand. Others found it very transparent, with the expensive luxury giant trying to slum it with the common people for a few clicks. Regardless, it made the headlines and all press is good press right?
- Heineken took on football sexists through the power of X (Twitter) no less, the home of the angry fans! With a video campaign that saw Gill Scott and Gary Neville secretly swap Twitter accounts to live tweet about a football match. The result showed that regardless of who’s saying the opinions, women still seem to being made unwelcome in the men’s game. An incredibly important campaign, highlighting an important issue in an interesting way.
I have a confession !
Last season @Heineken asked me and @jillscottjs8 to swap Twitter accounts as part of a social experiment to see if men and women are treated differently online . What happened was unfortunately predictable ! An important reminder that gender bias should… pic.twitter.com/rsFJRvKoud
— Gary Neville (@GNev2) September 14, 2023
- Football meets fantasy in a whole new way with the NFL teaming up with ESPN and Disney to serve up Toy Story touchdowns! With their new tracking technology, the Falcons V Jaguars NFL game will be streamed virtually using some favorite Toy Story characters taking on the roles of the players. The aim is to indulge young potential fans into the world of sport in a digestible way. Thus forth securing the next generation of merch buyers, season ticket holders and more. Bring sport into the next generation, whilst linking up with some big names in the process, it’ll surly be a fair catch!