Hatch Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Hatch is committed to providing a workplace and services which embrace diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
As an employer, Hatch is committed to equality, inclusivity and valuing diversity within its workforce.
Our goal is to ensure that these commitments, reinforced by our values, are embedded in our day-to-day working practices with all our customers, colleagues and partners.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, religion, age, disability, HIV positivity, working pattern, socio-economic background, caring responsibilities, trade union activity or political beliefs – or any other grounds.
We demonstrate our commitment by:
• promoting equality of opportunity and diversity within the communities in which we work and with all our partners and workforce;
• aiming to build a workforce which reflects the diverse communities in which we work, with the aim of having parity of representation across the workforce;
• treating our customers, colleagues and partners fairly and equitably;
• the practice of mutual respect and creating an environment free from discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment, and tackling behaviour which breaches this with disciplinary action as outlined in our Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policy;
• recognising and valuing the differences and individual contribution that everyone makes;
• acknowledging that personal, cultural, historical and institutionalised discrimination creates and sustains advantages and privileges for some groups while creating and sustaining disadvantages for others;
• providing equal support and encouragement to staff to develop their careers and increase their contributions to the organisation through the enhancement of their skills and abilities, outlined in our Equal Opportunities Policy;
• educating ourselves, clients, staff, suppliers and ultimately, our communities, with honesty, integrity and compassion;
• reviewing employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness, and also update them and the policy to take account of changes in the law; and
• building in legislative requirements and best practice to all our service delivery and employee policies and procedures, and supporting these with appropriate training and guidance.
Every person working for Hatch has a personal responsibility for implementing and promoting these principles in their day-to-day dealings with everyone – including members of the public, other staff, customers and partners. Breaches of the Company’s Equality and Diversity Policy are treated as a disciplinary offence.